Urinary catheterisation is a procedure used to drain the bladder and collect urine, through a flexible tube called a catheter. Our online Catheterisation Course, designed for both RGN’s & Care Staff will cover both theoretical and practical elements. Course attendees will be familiar with reasons for catheterisation, the equipment selection and the processes involved by the end of the course.
- Definitions & methods of catheterisation
- Differences between supra-pubic & urethra catheters
- Advantages/disadvantages of urinary catheters
- Reasons for catheterisation
- Male/female anatomy
- Male catheterisation procedure (theory)
- Female catheterisation procedure (theory)
- Post procedure catheter positioning
- Post procedure check list
- Record keeping
We are open 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday we will respond to your request wiith in 24 hours during office hours.