This online Control and Administration of Medicines course is designed to provide learners with an understanding of the correct procedures to follow when prescribing and administering medicines, in both a social and domiciliary care environment Delegates will learn how to keep records of each administration, as well as all incoming and outgoing medicines, so as to ensure that the risk of error is minimised.
Within this course, you’ll also find the “Knowledge Set for Medication” course modules covered as defined by Skills for Care and Development in 2005. Upon successful completion, learners will require to be observed to competently administer a range of medication.
- Safe medicine handling procedures
- Prescribing, checking, obtaining and dispensing of medicines
- Disclosure and patient confidentiality
- Patient guidance and support
- Medicine classifications and their properties
- Administration methods and competence
- Identifying and reporting reactions to, or between, medicines
- Consenting to secondary administration
- Staff and patient risk assessment
- Administration preparation and accuracy
- Keeping record of administration, errors and medicine refusal
- Storing and disposing of medicines safely
- Relevant legislation and guidance
We are open 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday we will respond to your request wiith in 24 hours during office hours.