This qualification provides an ideal taster for those who may be new to the sector or new to the world of work. It is accessible to learners of all ages who may want to understand more about working in health and social care. It aims to introduce some basic concepts of caring and preparation for employment in the sector.
The qualification covers the areas of communication, equality, diversity and inclusion, personal development, role of the social care worker, handling information, health and safety, safeguarding, duty of care and person-centred approaches.
This course is designed for anyone who wants to learn the basics about being a Carer. It will help individuals to understand all that is involved in being a Carer, as well as providing an introduction to the knowledge and learning required for work in the care sector. It is a must have for anyone taking the adult Intermediate Health and Social Care apprenticeship.
Understanding Care and Its Delivery
- Explain what is meant by the term care and the role of the carer
- Explain the principles of care
- Equality, Diversity and Vulnerability
- Explain the terms values, beliefs, diversity and equal opportunities and how they are promoted for all individuals
- Identify the issues linked to prejudice, stereotyping, adult vulnerability and protection
Skills for Care
- Identify good communication skills and explain the importance of confidentiality
- Define the role of the care worker in being dependable and maintaining professional relationships
Health & Safety in Care
- Explain the basic principles relating to health and safety and manual handling
- Explain the basic principles relating to infection control
Preparing To Work In Care Level 2
We are open 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday we will respond to your request wiith in 24 hours during office hours.